Barron’s believes in a free, open exchange of ideas in a respectful environment. Engage in commenting on Barron’s website as if you were face-to-face with the people you are addressing, whether they are fellow commenters or Barron’s staff members.
- Stay on topic.
- Be civil and demonstrate appropriate respect for others. If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to challenge that opinion with a posting of your own. You must not stalk, harass, or engage in personal attacks of others. We welcome criticism of our coverage but won’t allow comments that are plainly unfounded or misrepresent Barron’s or our journalists.
- Don’t upload, post, or submit anything that is obscene or contains profanity or that may be hateful or offensive on racial, ethnic, sexual, or any other grounds; is harmful, vulgar, or distasteful; or is defamatory, libelous, or invades another person's privacy or proprietary rights.
- Comply with all applicable laws in participating in this community and don’t use the community for illegal purposes.
- Don’t send any bulk unsolicited advertising, promotional information, commercial email or other solicitation (including without limitation junk mail, "spam," chain letters or pyramid schemes of any sort) to any person through the use of this community.
- Don’t upload, post, or submit anything that contains any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, or other computer software or program designed to interrupt another person's enjoyment of this community.
- Don’t upload, post, submit, or otherwise make available any content that you don’t have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) or that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any person.
- Don’t upload, post, or submit or otherwise make available any content that contains links to websites with objectionable content; excessive links to external websites; comments in all capital letters, all bold, or all italic; or objectionable avatars.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time, including without limitation if it violates the above rules. If any individual violates any of the above rules, we reserve the right to ban that individual from further participation in the community.
Who Is Allowed to Comment?
Only individuals with a Barron's account may post comments on articles.
Do I Have to Use My Real Name?
We require the use of your real first and last names to post comments on our articles. Don’t represent another person, whether real or invented, or imply any connection with any person or organization with which you are not in fact associated.
How Do I Submit a Comment for Possible Publication (i.e., Letters to the Editor)?
If you submit a comment on Barrons.com, it may be published in Barron's magazine or used in an online article. If you would like to have your comment considered for publication, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, address, and phone number.
Can I Report Abuse of the Comments Feature?
To preserve a high quality of conversation, we have included many reporting features throughout the community. If you encounter a comment that you find inappropriate or otherwise in violation of our community guidelines, please hover your mouse over the comment, click the dropdown, and select Report. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
Why Didn’t My Comment Show Up?
While most comments will appear immediately, some may be held for review by a moderator, including comments that contain links or comments flagged by our automatic filter for reasons such as formatting (i.e. capitalized words) or word choice.
How Do I Give Barron’s Feedback?
All feedback should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Is Allowed to Comment?